No: 12 Upton Park

Known as Willowdene believed to have been built in 1905

Early history of the land

By 1911, Willowdene was the home of James (Jimmy) Henry Haselden

By 1939 only his wife Sophie is recorded along with Edith Matterlead.

By 1945 it was the home of Oscar Davies a registrar of Births & Deaths.

By the mid-1950s Willowdene was owned by Harry Rothwell - believed to have been a rep with Chester Farmers. His wife was Austrian and they lived abroad alot renting out the house for many years before returning c1972.

The owner-occupiers were then the Leadbetter family for a few years before the current owners Clive and Sylvia Clarke.



  • Home

  • About

  • News

  • History

  • Houses

  • Committee

  • Guestbook

  • Contact