No:31 Upton Park
Known as Mayfield
This photograph claims to be of the front garden in Summer 1913. If it is
then the house is immediately off picture to the left.
Mayfield and Belmont (no:33) shared a well - built on their boundary in the back garden.
Mayfield is named in both the 1881 and 1891 census returns with occupants brother and sister James and Mary Clark.
The earliest Park accounts ledger of 8 April 1921 record Mayfield
at 1074 sq yds owned by representatives of F Maddock. This
suggests that the house had stayed with the Maddock family
since being built. The 1921
electoral roll lists 2 tenants - Stanley Maddocks and Thomas Harold Davies.
The UPPA Minutes for January 1959 record Mr Hunt proposing to divide Mayfield into flats having been told by his solicitor that no restrictive covenants affected Mayfield.
Blackwell then shown from early 1960's. By 1976 Margaret Rowlands and her family. By 1980 the Rogers.
Currently the home of the Gifford family - Malcolm and Judy and their four sons