what became of ......?
UPPA's "helping hands"
in June 1983 a neighbourly list was compiled and circulated;
naming volunteers who could be contacted under the following headings -
- car transport
- shopping or other errands
- baby-sitting / child-minding
- keeping an elderly person company
- taking child to/from school
- minor nursing help
- strong shoulder job
- first aid for water / gas / electricity
- miscellaneous helpful ideas
some 18 families volunteered for at least one of these tasks
what use was made of this?
how long did the take up last for ?